Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ocular Athletics

Math by Joe

Math is boring!!! I hate to start a report with so blunt a statement but it's true. For instance, why on earth would you need to know this: If there are four green marbles, three red marbles, and 6 yellow marbles in a sack what are the odds that you are going to pull out a red one? The question seems utterly pointless to me but our neighbor, Frank says that it would be helpful if you were a planter. Meanwhile, on the other side of the road (or world) I'm learning (or reading ) about percents, cubic measurement, decimals, and factions.

Music by Adam

Music, some say, is an irritable sound except if played so well it is flawless. I, on the other hand, prefer to hear the occasional mistake then the harmony lasting on and on with no brake until the player decides to end the song. It makes the player sound more human when the song has a mistake or two in it. I mean Beethoven was good but does get boring after a while. Wouldn't you say he was a little too good? I guess I say this because the only instrument I can play at all is the piano which still sounds like I am pounding with a hammer. But since I am not that at ease with the world right now I will leave this page here.

No comments: