Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ocular Athletics

Snow by Joe

Snow, as you know but I'm going to bore you to death telling you anyway, is a crystal of ice that fell from the sky. We have 263" of the stuff and rising. I don't like snow because I have a driveway 1/12 of a mile long and likes to be shoveled. But that builds muscles. It also is appetite inspiring. Every snowflake is about this * big. Pretty odd how that can add up to 263 inches.

By Adam

Have you ever seen a bird fly by the window while you were reading a book? Have you ever wished you were a happy-go-lucky bird flying through the air, the roar of the wind in your ears whipping your hair about like it was bound and determined to rip it from your scalp? If you have we are of one mind. If you haven't then this paper means nothing to you. Every night I lay under the heavy covers thinking about flying, wishing I could do it and for someone who has never ridden a plane the image is in my mind of ant sized houses sailing under me and is so real it feels like a memory. I can collapse into myself and imagine I'm a bird with soft feathers and spindly legs clutching a branch with needle sharp claws. The one thing that doesn't sound appealing is hitting an ice cold window at 20 miles an hour. But again my flood of thoughts have stalled, hit a window just like a bird so
hasta la vista.

No comments: