It was a rocky start this year. It seemed every time we got a routine going it was interrupted. I know this is the theme for homeschooling but it was even worse than usual this year. Things have settled down a bit and this is how our weeks are going...
Everyday we do math and Latin. On Monday we do poetry; on Tuesday we do art and Botany and Earth Science; on Wednesday it's music and Nature study; on Thursday it's health; and Friday it's geography. On most days we read, have spelling lessons and try to cover some history. Missing this year is Ocular Athletics and we all miss it. so I'm trying to fit it in somewhere.
I'll be blogging in more detail about the different subjects. Some things are going really well,like geography, some things are endured like spelling and some things need serious adjustment like music (not our best subject unless you count memorizing the lyrics to Toby Keith's greatest hits---which I don't!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm beginning to think that "life" and "routine" are contradictory terms, homeschooling or not. Somehow we never seem to manage an entire "normal" week.
Exactly!! I'm going to try and post more about our different subjects as the weeks go on. We'll see how they morph.
Post a Comment