Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ocular Athletics

Today's athletics were Tall Tales....

Chessnut and the Lion

One day I (a guinea pig) was going on a walk. After I walked about 2 inches in 20 minutes I bumped into a lion.
He said,"Out of my way twerp," and he boxed my ears.
I said,"Squeak!"
He laughed. I boxed his ears. He whined. And then I said,"Don't pick on pigs!"
He slunk off with his tail between his legs and ever after there was a new constellation called Leo. (Which is Latin for lion.)


Sit Tomy and the Dragon

Sir Tomy was a knight in the time of King Arthur. Sir Tomy didn't get a seat on the round table because Arthur wanted the other knights to have a chance to prove themselves. Tomy moved so fast in his armor that he could do 47 missions at once. Then a dragon moved in. His name was as long as his tail and his head was the size of Madagascar and his body was so big it could not fit in the Atlantic Ocean. All King Arthur's knights were scared stiff. But Sir Tomy wasn't. He went up to Mt. Everest where the dragon was. The dragon saw he was dressed for battle. Dragon blew flames at Tomy and the knight's armor, sword and shield were melted solid. So Tomy went up the mountain and beat the scales on the dragon until it flew away from the fearless knight. But to slow it Sir Tomy grabbed his tail and swung him about so fast the dragon forgot half his name and a tornabo (the tornado's distant cousin twice removed) sprang up in the Americas. Sir Tomy let the dragon go and the dragon was so embarrassed it shrank to the size of the round table and it took the half of its name it could remember, Komodo. And Sir Tomy? Well, we will see him a lot later.

No comments: