Friday, September 19, 2008

Ocular Athletics

After a week off we are back with more ocular athletics! J.C. seems to have spent more time trying to sound like Chesterton than describing his crayon but that's okay. A.M. added great pictures of the stages of butterfly development which, alas, I can't share.

Butterfly by A.M.

A butterfly ( and I have no idea why it is called that) is simply the most pretty insect I know of. It has a long body and four wings, two on each side. The bottom wing is bigger and more round then the wing on top. Instead of a mouth it has a long tube and when he is done with it he will curl it up and store it in a hole in the bottom of his head. When the butterfly is old enough it will lay an egg on some milkweed. The egg will hatch in a few weeks. It is just a caterpillar. The caterpillar will eat all the milkweed to grow big and fat, then it will flop upside down in a J shape. Then it's head will fall off of it. It will chrysalises itself into a cocoon. In twelve days it will hatch into a butterfly.

A Block Crayon by J.C.

Today, dear reader, I am writing about a block crayon as you probably guessed from the title. This block crayon has not been used much so its corners are still sharp. There is not much to write about a block crayon but I'll do my best. A block crayon, as you probablu know. is a block but I will discribe it for you. A block crayon is a rectangular block with six sides. The one I am discribing for you is orange. Block crayons are usualyy used for rubbings.

No comments: